Old April 3rd 05, 05:53 AM
Sparse

Up yours
Bob Gardner wrote:
It's a Gardner time-honored tradition...answer first, then research.

23.65
is the appropriate reg, and there are prescribed climb gradients for
airplanes with one, two, three, or four engines. As Damon Runyan

wrote, you
could look it up.

Bob

"Sparse" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know of a VFR climb gradient. The only possible thing I

can
come up with is what Part 25 says an aircraft must be able to meet
concerning the takeoff path. From the start of takeoff to 1500 feet

or
when transition from takeoff to enroute configuration is complete.

an
aircraft must be able to climb at least at a 1.2% gradeitn. I ahev
heard of a gradeint of 1.6% for VFR but I acn find nothing about

it. I
know the IFR gradient is 3.3%.