Old June 24th 05, 09:43 PM
Bob Moore

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote

Just to add to all of this about if a barrel roll is a 1G maneuver,
which I don't think it is, I was watch a Military Channel show on
Boeing and the -80/707 and Tex Johnston was talking about the barrel
roll he did and said it was a 1G maneuver.

By the definition of a barrel roll used by the International Aerobatic
Club and the US Navy where I learned to fly, Tex was of course wrong
on two counts. First as pointed out by others, anything other than
"straight and level" must incur more than 1g, and secondly, Tex's roll
was not a barrel roll.

Bob Moore