Old April 24th 05, 05:03 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, john smith said:
Why not call CANPASS on their toll-free number and ask them directly.
I have always found them to be helpful and friendly (just the opposite
of US Customs).

Because I called the number listed on the web site for "more information".
The 800 number didn't work from the US, so I tried the non-800 number, and
and it gave me a recorded message, then said to press "0" to talk to a
customs agent for more information. I pressed "0", and started to explain
my problem, and they said "I'll transfer you". The person who answered
the transferred call said "What did you call here for, I can't help you"
and then put the phone down so that I could hear him in the background
talking to his wife about his dinner plans. After 10 minutes of that (at
prime time long distance rates), I hung up.

Then I tried the number listed for the closest of the three processing
centers listed on the application form, and I got busy signal after busy
signal. Then I finally got through, where I got a "Please hold" message
for about 2 minutes, and then it started ringing again. And ringing and
ringing for about 5 minutes (again, prime time long distance rates) before
I hung up.

So maybe they are helpful, but I can't afford the long distance bills
waiting for somebody to actually help me.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to