Old April 10th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Curtis CCR

Default Taxi speed

On Mar 5, 12:15 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Hilton wrote:
Hi,

What is the normal and maximum taxi speed (in knots) for an RJ, 737, and 747
in normal operations?

As an airline passenger, I typically see ~ 15 MPH (~ 12.5 knots) on my
handheld GPS, with the occasional 20 MPH leg on a long, straight
taxiway. In my Spam can, the GPS groundspeed typically shows ~ 10-12
knots on the high end.

I had a roommate that worked for UPS at OAK. For a while, when there
was a lot of traffic, Southwest would occassionaly land at north field
and taxi to the passenger terminal side of the airport. He said that
there were a couple of times they followed those 737s in ramp vehicles
and they couldn't keep up at 40 MPH.