Old April 17th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Andrew Gideon

Default C172N Eats Landing lights for breakfast

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 01:11:10 +0000, mroberds wrote:

Searching this group
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...anding+ light
shows several possible solutions, including a halogen lamp, a kit from
Cessna to improve the mounting of the existing lamp, aftermarket kits to
move the lamp to the wing, and aftermarket HID lamp kits.

We did an HID upgrade on one of our 172s. It's nice; no need to worry
about bulb life, so it's basically always on in flight.

But this was wing-mounted (a P model, I think). We've also an N (and some
other planes with cowl-mounted lights), and - when I last looked - the HID
wasn't STCed for cowl-mounting.

On the other hand, it was anticipated, so perhaps it has occurred by now.

- Andrew
http://flyingclub.org/