Old February 13th 17, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default IGC Flight Replay

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:15:07 AM UTC-8, Richard Brisbourne wrote:
At 18:38 10 February 2017, Craig Funston wrote:
On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:10:57 AM UTC-8, Charlie Papa wrote:
On Thursday, 9 February 2017 01:11:35 UTC-5, JS wrote:
Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
15.01.2017 Unfortunately Google does not support the interface to

Google Earth anymore. Therefore for the time being IGC Replay will not be
offered anymore. I Hope you had a lot of fun with IGC Replay.

We'll see if it can be fixed.
Jim

That is a loss! It was so useful for sharing gliding flights with

power
pilots who would of course not have See You.

Shame.

I miss it too. Sometimes "progress" really isn't.

Craig

Check out http://glidingweb.org

Richard, you may not have used IGC Flight Replay.
It would show your flight in 3D over Google Earth imagery. Looked as if you were in the glider. A great way to introduce people to a new-to-them sport, task, or area to fly.
Besides the point of view, the imagery was more realistic than SeeYou 8.x.
Jim