Old June 9th 04, 03:01 PM
George Z. Bush

WalterM140 wrote:

Where is Bush's certificate of Honorable Discharge?

I believe I've seen a copy on one posted on the Internet some time ago. The
real question is how much influence was exerted by his father the Congressman
get it issued. The answer to that little question seems to be clouded by
smoke
and mirrors, as our Repug friends are wont to say. Smoke usually coming from
fire, I daresay that his Congressional hand is in it somewhere although I
doubt
that, what with two presidents in the family, the public will ever learn the
truth about it.

George Z.

I was wrong. Officers don't get certificates of "Honorable Discharge". I
have a DD-214 that characterizes my service as honorable.

You're right, of course, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I made the same
mistake you did. All I got was a 214 and a special order announcing or
authorizing (I've forgotten the term used) my retirement.

George Z.