Old June 10th 04, 07:08 PM
Jim Yanik

Ed Rasimus wrote in
news
On 10 Jun 2004 08:21:52 GMT, (WalterM140) wrote:

Bush was released after 5 years, 4 months and five days of a six year
commitment.

If he didn't get special favor, how did that happen?

And Kerry was released from active duty after how long?

Let's put the time in context. The Vietnam War had ended, the
requirements for the military were being cut back. The TANG was
converting from F-102 to F-101 requiring retraining and the training
was longer than Bush' remaining service commitment. The Guard allows
transfers from active to inactive. "Early Out" programs were rampant.

Get over it.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8

I got a 6 month "early out" in 1974 from the USAF.I jumped at the chance to
get it,was the first one to apply on my base.(LG Hanscom Fld,Ma.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net