Old July 10th 04, 07:34 PM
D. Strang

"WalterM140" wrote
Probably not since OCS is Army, not Air Force.

Next you will be telling us he never went to UPT either.

Did not/does not the Air Force have some sort of equivalent to OCS? One that
prospective second lieutenants go through?

The closest thing would be OTS Officer Training School, but you had to have a
college degree to qualify for entry. The Army built their own officers by selecting
from the enlisted ranks. When I finished OCS I had only half of my college completed
(most from night school).
..
If we wanted to go career, we were told to have a degree before eligible for Captain.
No degree, hit the road, you were RIF'd