Old January 7th 05, 02:33 AM
C. J. Clegg

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 09:03:26 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

Or, are you talking about being able to stay in touch with your aircraft
no matter where it is? If so, you probably want to look at ARINC...

Good evening, Roy.

Actually, the main objective is to be able to contact the plane within
50 or 75 miles of base. But, I'll look at that ARINC. Might have
definite possibilities.

For those who suggested a cell phone, believe me I'd love to be able
to do it, but it ain't legal (it's against FCC rules), and anyway, it
doesn't work very well more than a few thousand feet above ground
because the cellular antennas are designed to keep all radiation down
low.

CJ