Old July 20th 04, 08:55 PM
John S. Shinal

Ed Rasimus wrote:

As for the paint job, if his is the one that's been seen on several TV
commercials, it's done in gloss while the Aggressor T-38s were all
flat.

This was on a cover for Plane & Pilot or something similar
around 1990. You are right it was gloss, I thought it was
blue/gray/white but it may have been just blue& white. Medium sized
N-number on the side. It may well have been sold & repainted since
then. I do recall that Thornton was the first private T-38, though.

The Nellis T-38 Aggressors came in all colors including the
basic white as well as blues, grays, browns and "lizard."

I have an older book about Red Flag that shows a bunch of
different Agressor color schemes - some are Rooskie knockoffs, and
some appear to be improvised. Most look pretty effective.

We got them all at Holloman while I was there. Over the NM desert, the
most effective was the brown.

I heard the worst was painted like a bruised banana for a
while - it was supposed to be a modified Snake scheme that went awry.
Eventually they repainted it so people wouldn't tally it from so far
away.