Old August 9th 04, 02:16 PM
Kevin Brooks

Default GWB & The Military Factor

"Michael Wise" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

I wonder hiw many G's Bush had to withstand on that helo

flight?

The S-3 is a "helo" in Artian World? Amazing feat of

transformation
you
have
going for you there--taking a twin engined carrier based ASW jet

and
turning
it into a "helo"...

Those of us who manned twin engines carrier based ASW helos might

object
to this seeming slight to the Navy helo community...not that we

didn't
frequently see it amongst are own kind in the CAG/CVW.

No "seeming slight" was implied; just an observation that Art is

(once
again) out-of-touch with reality when he claims Bush flew in on a

helo
and
did not require a flight suit, survival vest, etc.

I can assure you that a flight suit and SV-2 (survival vest) were
required wearing (over land or water) on most of 2000+ hours I flew on
Navy CV-based helos.

No doubt, as the Army even requires similar attire. But did you wear

Art's
"G-suit"?

The only people who wore G-suits in the Navy CVW were those who flew
jets (even Hoover guys, I believe), so no. Navy helo attire consists of
a flight suit, boots, helmut, gloves (rarely worn) and SV-2 (with HEEDS
bottle). On over-water missions or exercises, the rescue swimmer (almost
always the junior crewman) wears a rescue sling and BC in place of the
flight suit and SV-2.

Wow! Can you gander at the referenced photo and point to the "G suit" that
the President is supposedly wearing? I see a normal flight suit with
vest/etc., but no "G suit"; oddly enough, his pilot does not appear to be
wearing one either...

www.poptransit.com/ review2003/top.html

Personally, I have no gripes with the specific attire he wore as with
his advisors' decision to put him in a uniform he's barely sit to look
at.

"barely sit to look at"??? OK....right....

So from the context of my sentence you're not capable of spotting the
obvious typo as well as discerning what the word should have been?

No, not when you started it with, "I have no gripes with the specific attire
he wore as..." As what? "As it was required"? The "his advisors decision"
does not fit well into that introductory clause you created, and the "sit"
just further muddles whatever meaning you have tried to convey.

If I need to spell it out:

Bush Jr. is scarcely fit to even look at a Navy uniform; much less look
at one.

Ah-hah! Well, given that you have again proven incapable of even recognizing
the details of the uniform you have chosen to argue about (where is that G
suit again?), your conclsion above has to be taken in perspective--and your
perspective view appears to be a bit myopic. The fact is that Bush is one of
only two Presidents who does indeed have *any* claim on the right to don a
flightsuit, as he is one of only two who ever piloted military aircraft.
Now, I recommend you go back and brush up on "uniform details" and get that
whole G-suit recognition problem in hand...

Brooks

--Mike

--Mike