Old May 20th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ken S. Tucker

Default Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 9:16 am, romeomike wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:

I'm afraid we're still not on the same page.
If you are USING a seat of the pants sensation as a cue to ACT rather
than as a cue that expansion of the cross check is warranted, you are
going to die in instrument conditions.....period!
You NEVER include a seat of the pants feeling into your reactive action
path when on instruments.
Look; let me make this perfectly clear. There is NO actionable
difference between the "leans" and a "seat of the pants" sensation. BOTH
are present and of course felt. BOTH might be telling you something so
they should not be ignored. But BOTH are physical sensations and as such
are NEVER used as a source to make a control change while IFR.
If you feel a physical sensation while on instruments, it is indeed a
cue, but NOT an actionable cue. ALL sensations are simply there. You
NEVER act in ANY way on what ANY sensation is giving you in the way of a
cue. If the sensation is expected by something you have done control
wise that's fine. If it isn't, don't act on it. Your scan is in progress
at all times. If something looks out of line, EXPAND THE SCAN!
You control the aircraft based on instrument cues ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You exist in a world of physical cues. Simply know they are there and go
to the panel!!
God.I hope this clears this up!

Clear and concise. Excellent!!

Yeah I really love that word "ACTIONABLE".
I'm going to use it actionably.
Give Dud another star"*".
Ken