Old March 18th 16, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Default Scanning vrs electronics

I do not have any anti collision devices in my sailplanes so I scan and scan and scan. Our airspace is complicated, so I do intend to get at least a transponder. In all my scanning, I almost never see a target in the 4 o-clock, or even 3 0-clock position as hard as I try. I don't see them until they are crossing right in front of me. The need for electronic help is definitely there, but I hesitate to get something now, not knowing what will be required in the near future.

Boggs