Old April 13th 16, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default Do L'Hotellier Ball Fittings Wear?

At 11:04 13 April 2016, Casey wrote:
Just wondering if L'Hotellier fittings wear? I can't seem to find what

the
tolerance is for the ball diameter. Just curious.

I am aware of the min travel of the locking plate of 2mm.

Thanks
Casey

L'Hotellier don't specify a limit on the diameter itself, they specify a
limit on out-of-round. Their directions a
"The variation between several measures of the ball diameter must not
exceed 0.1 mm.
This check aim is to detect abnormal ball wear"

You should be able to download L'Hotellier's instructions from the
internet - they usually form part of the ADs issued on this equipment!

Jim Thomson