Old June 3rd 16, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Wacky Tracky

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 08:58:35 -0700, JS wrote:

June 2nd at about 130PM Pacific it appears that trackers stopped
working. InReach and SPOT both dropped out.
Tracking sites show yesterday's complete tracks today.

My APRS did not function properly yesterday, which may or may not be
related. Did not see evidence in flight of GPS jamming.
Received multiple messages "please check in" or similar from friends who
noticed.

Solar activity?

Seems unlikely - the sun has been pretty quiet for the last three days.
Details are he
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities...er-enthusiasts

and look at the 'Space Weather Overview' and the '3 Day Satellite
Environment' to see whats come our way recently.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK