Old September 26th 15, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phil Chidekel

Default Seabreeze Soaring in MD, DE, and NJ

Howdy All,

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about any seabreeze convergence soaring that has been accomplished off the DE Bay, Chesapeake Bay, or the NJ Coast? I have seen it develop and have played with it locally, but have their been any bigger flights utilizing it?

I have been doing some research, and now that I have access to a motorglider I'd like to explore it a lot more. The 1972 edition of SSA's "Soaring Meteorology for Forecasters" describes some flights out of Wallops Island, VA, and I know that there are some clubs in that area that still play around with it, but have there been any flights that have originated further North?

I hope that those who are not affected by the Holy TFR are able to enjoy the fall weather this weekend!

Phil