Old December 5th 03, 12:37 AM
Paul Lee

I simply wired together and made my own lighting using the 12V
hi intensity LED bulbs available from www.digikey.com
- part numbers 441-1008-ND or 441-1009-ND. Should last
a lifetime.
You can see my assembly at http://www.abri.com/sq2000/control42.jpg

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard project: www.abri.com/sq2000

Stealth Pilot wrote in message . ..
My Tailwind had a really neat cockpit light on a stalk that went on
the fritz on me. It was on a bendable mount attached to one of the
roof struts.

I've been looking around for a few months now and havent found
anything remotely suitable to replace it.

I've even thought of taking one of the mid sized maglites and
machining up a fitting to put it on the end of the flexible mount then
using a 12 volt to 1.5volt stepdown regulator to power it.

I've noticed those little 12 volt dichroic lights are used in the new
boeings as the passenger reading lights so I'd assumed that they were
around as aircraft interior lights but a look around hasnt uncovered
anything.

the light was installed by the previous owner for instrument
illumination on those sneak back after dark long flights. (he was
instrument rated)
my use of it has just been for fetching something from the cockpit
after dark while tenting at flyins.

can anyone point me to a small aircraft quality interior light on a
bendable stalk ? preferably not plastic.
thanks
Stealth Pilot
Australia