Old August 24th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lorry

Default line vs progressive lenses for sunglasses

Kevin Anderson wrote:
Help. I am at that age. I wear contacts for distance vision but now my
arms are getting too short also. Causing headaches and queasiness when
trying to read my instruments, especially the PDA.

I would like to hear back from others on what decision they made on
progressive vs. lined lenses for sunglasses?

Thanks
Kevin
SGS 1-26 192

Hi Kevin,

I can understand your problem! My wife is a power pilot and wears
progressive lenses and is very satisfied. I have been wearing
trifocals for probably 30 years and find them terrific. However, I
have been told by several ophthalmologists that once you have used
bifocals or trifocals it is nealy impossible to go back to progressive
lenses. I find my trifocals perfect for everything but working on the
computer which took me some time to become accustomed. I use the same
glasses for driving, flying power and soaring and everythig else I do.
I also feel that blue blockers are a must! I believe the advantage of
trifocals, which gives a much greater field of view for a given
correction, is the best solution. If you are interested I will be glad
to give you some hints as to how to get the correction in the proper
location.

Lorry Charchian