Old July 10th 04, 03:37 PM
WalterM140

Ya know I really don't know what all the fuss was about here. I graduated
from
college in 1968 in Arizona.

Did you go to Officer Candidates School?

Bush 43 did not.

Walt

A guy could work up a perspiration at OCS.

Some of these people want to say Bush got no special treatment, but I don't
know of any one who ever (at least since WWII) who got lieutenant's bars
without going through OCS or some sort of officer qualification program. Bush
went through a six week basic air man's course, and then got a commission.

I think that Gore's father and Bush's father both had the same idea in mind in
the '60's. If their sons were going to have political aspirations, they had to
serve honorably. Gore did go to Viet Nam and as far as I know, completely his
service honorably and completely. He got a cushy job, so be it. But Bush DID
NOT complete his service honorably - his dad made sure that the records
reflected honorable service, but unfortunately for the Bushies, there is this
one pesky document that shows a conclusive 16 month break in Bush's service.

Hopefully, more will be made of this in the coming months. Because unlike Gore
-or- Clinton, Senator Kerry served with distinction.

Walt