Old December 4th 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

Default DG-200 Water Valve

Marc,

I guess it's comforting to know that if I had paid the ridiculous service
fee that the valve rebuild kit is at least reasonably priced .

Seems like DG ought to be able to make enough profit of an $85 O-ring +
spring kit to make it worthwhile to sell it without the service contract,
but I guess that's a topic that's been well covered here already. In the
meantime, Home Depot here I come...

--Stefan

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 22:14:49 -0600, Marc wrote:

On Dec 3, 9:03 am, "S. Murry" wrote:
Thanks, Marc.

I don't think 1500+ dollars for the rebuild kit is in the cards (1000
euros for the "service contract" + a couple hundred for the rebuild kit,
with shipping). So, wish me luck as I dig in myself...

Actually, the kit cost me all of US$85 including shipping just 5 years
ago. I've owned three DGs over the years, including one ordered new.
No more, thanks to the service contract lunacy...

Marc

--
Stefan Murry