Old December 5th 03, 04:38 PM
Robert John

SNIP
flat signal mirror has a narrow and therefor much brighter
beam.

I'd bet the signal mirror
would work better, but might depend on my skill
using it ;-[

They are very easy to aim, because they are reflective
on _both_ sides
and have a hole in the center. You are actually aiming
it (using the
hole and the reflective back side), not just waving
it in the general
direction of the aircraft or whatever you are trying
to signal.

--
-----
Replace 'SPAM' with 'charter' to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Eric,

Not ever having seen one, I can't quite get my mind
around how a hole in the centre helps you aim it.
If the sun is 45 degrees left and you aim at the target
aircraft, won't the reflected beam be 45 degrees right
of the target?
I'm not arguing - I'm sure they work, I'd just like
a simple explanation of how!
Rob