Old March 31st 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney

Default Aviation in television shows, question..

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 29, 1:15 pm, wrote:
Are you thinking of the Steve Canyon show which ran in 1958?

I think that is the one where a flight of 3 F-102's has a total
engine failure in one of the A/C and the other two "tow" him
home by putting their wingtips under the failed A/C's wingtips.

Ohmigod. Old memories. Is this the episode y'all are thinking of:

http://home.earthlink.net/~joesarno/tvcomics/steve.htm

It also turns out that you can order old Sky Kings and Steve Canyons
on tape:

http://www.forgottenfilms.biz/home.p...ion=0&pag e=5

My little brother and I watched Jet Jackson all the time...

Someone sells a complete collection of Sky King TV shows for about $275, a
little too rich for my blood. I'm an Old Time Radio (OTR) person, and only
about a half dozen of all the Sky King radio shows survive, the rest having
been destroyed in a fire. I've tried finding other OTR aviation shows, and
the only one that isn't dreadful is "Hap Harrigan - America's Ace of the
Airways!" Trivia: Kirby Grant (star of Sky King) was trying to revive Sky
King as a TV series at the time of his death. He died in a traffic accident
on his way to be a VIP guest of the Challenger launch, on the day it blew
up.