Old December 1st 15, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Is FLARM helpful?

On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 7:39:20 PM UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:
Andy,

Thank you for your insights on this, I completely agree with all your points. I am hearing rumours that the rules committee is already planning to implement stealth mode for Nationals in 2016. How can this be when more pilots (point 5) want full flarm allowed than stealth mode?

I agree. Andy wins this argument hands down! I'd certainly be annoyed if Stealth becomes a rule or a norm. Stealth is entirely unnecessary and inappropriate. As well, it is less fun.