Old August 20th 03, 03:36 PM
Snowbird

EDR wrote in message ...
In article , Snowbird
wrote:

Well, for the cost of an hour or so and a $10 capacitor,
our avionics guy once more resurrected our KI 201C

Was it the same capacitor as the first time?
If yes, give some thought to what type of failure is occurring and fix
the cause.

Good point. I'll enquire. We don't have an avionics master, and
I'm not sure if our OBS are live at power-up, but if they aren't
wired through the radios could definately be subject to power-spikes.

OTOH, 5 years between minor repairs for a piece of electronics which
is 27 years old, isn't bad.

Still a good point that this is worth checking.

Cheers,
Sydney