Old March 26th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Practice IMC in real IMC

"Roger" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:36:59 GMT, Jose
wrote:

Let's see: I'm uncomfortable doing unusual attitude recovery in IMC. The

For practice I think it's an unnecessary added risk and really adds
nothing that you can't do under the hood.

accident record shows this to be probably the top killer of IR pilots.

I'm not so sure about that, but I don't know.

In combining the latest Nall Report (which does more to report by aircraft
type) and the data from the ASF's Beech Safety Report (which is more a
comparison of Beech models but also of IR vs non-IR pilots), it _appears_
the biggest killer of IR pilots is flight into thunderstorms during IMC and
loss of control while maneauvering in IMC (combined factors???...I'm not a
statistician, nor a "****house lawyer" :~) ).

I'd be intereted in seeing a report that sifts the data out more directly
than trying to extrapolate multiple sources.

snip

--
Matt