Old October 3rd 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default New to the Newsgroup

In 1958, I had just landed my first paying job (other than the newspaper
route) at a TV-radio fixit shop for (believe it or not) 35 cents an hour and
damned happy to have the job. California labor law at the time allowed any
business one (1) "apprentice" under the age of 18 to be paid 35 cents an
hour.

Of course, when I started popping out fixits faster than the full-timers,
the wage went up, but it was at that level for damn near a year.

Jim

"GeorgeC" wrote in message
FYI: When auto gas was 25 cents, I was making $1.10 an hour. :-)