Old August 22nd 03, 07:51 PM
Ron Natalie

"Sandy Mustard" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised you didn't just fly around the ADIZ. My flight planning
software says it would have only taken 5 minutes more.

The most direct route not within the ADIZ puts you through several
frequently hot on weekends restricted areas and over the top of a nuke
plant (Calvert Cliffs).

Frankly, I'm not one to shy away from airspace on the direct path unless
someone can convince me some damn good reason why I should.
Back before all this paranoid horse****, I could go direct VKX to the
Tappan Z bridge almost directly over ADW, BWI, PHL and just west
of EWR without hardly a few degrees of heading change from the
various approach controls.