Old May 5th 04, 05:38 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 05 May 2004 12:01:46 -0400, Dave Butler
wrote:

Greg Esres wrote:
I'm surprised that the DE didn't know better.

I'm not. Exactly what resources exist which could relieve him of this
misconception once he has acquired it? Zippo.

As I read the post, the examiner just told him to do what was published on the
chart. There's nothing to indicate what the examiner did or did not know.

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

I read the post differently, Dave.

It seemed to me that the OP was asking the DE about whether Jepp or NACO
was "correct" in view of the difference in the way the PT was charted on
the Plan View. And the DE responded that probably the NACO chart was
correct.

Although I don't have the Jepp chart at hand, it seems to me that both
charts are likely correct, with the PT charted in a different place on the
plan view.

The DE saying that the NACO chart was probably correct means he either
didn't understand the question, or was agreeing that the difference in
location of the PT on the plan view was meaningful.