Old April 6th 20, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How About Story Time

I remember one time when I was a kid flying out of minden, a couple of us guys decided to fly down to bishop where a regional was happening. Great day, we got down onto the whites mid day and fell in with a bunch of the racers who were heading back south on a leg of the task.

I was flying a pilatus b4, not exactly a speedy bird and remember flying along with walt cannon, karl streideck, my bro, and mike adams. I was able to hang in with them for awhile but they eventually all ran away.

That evening at bishop we were all together and I was telling them that “wow I never flew so fast xc!”, I was so impressed with nyself, when walt turned to us guys and said rather non chalantly, “ gee guys .... wasn’t that leg along the whites really slow today?” They all heartily agreed. Bubble burst.

Dan