Old July 28th 03, 02:51 PM
James M. Knox

(Michael) wrote in news:449a3d6e.0307251025.6d2a0f98
@posting.google.com:

"James M. Knox" wrote
FWIW, I argued the opposite - that since it conveys no specific
privilege or priority, that we should use it on all flights during which
we are representing Angel Flight

That makes a lot of sense - but contradicts my experience. I find
that when I use the NGF call sign, I get significantly better
treatment as a VFR operator (no difference IFR).

So do I. When I said "conveys no specific privilege or priority" I meant
that in the 7110.65 official policy sense. Within the FAA framework NGF
means the same as "Gator" or "Critter" or "Delta". Just tells them which
*company* you are flying for.

However, especially as more and more controllers become familiar with us,
they really do seem to go out of their way to be helpful. It's very much
appreciated, and a benefit we want to be careful not to abuse.

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721