Old July 25th 03, 11:52 PM
Frank

Scott wrote in
:

What good is a ground plane??? An air plane is much more fun
Sorry, couldn't resist...

Actually, what kind of installation are you planning that would
elevate the antenna above your ground plane? Is it a composite
airplane and you plan to put an antenna on the vertical stab top or
something and the ground plane laid into the composite on the turtle
deck or something?

Hey Jim (Weir)...isn't that idea something similar to a Ringo Ranger
II (I have several) where the "ground radials" are connected via a
piece of coax that I believe is about 1/2 wavelength long?

Actually I was thinking of using the sruts for a ground plane, but did not
want the antennae in the middle of the seat, nor exposed on the outside of
the AIRPLANE.