Old October 15th 19, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LX Era 80 vs S80/S100

Not only you should be able to select your favorite method for switching from Speed-Command to Vario, but you should probably be able to select what is actually being indicated by the needle. In the Zander which I'm more familiar with, you have many options, doubled for SC and Vario.

My preferred setting is:
SC = needle indicates netto, or relative netto.
Va = needle indicates vario

I prefer to have the "push or pull" indication elsewhere, maybe an arrow in the repeater or main computer unit. Or I can easily live without it.

The C4 is a honest vario. I'd try to keep it there.

Aldo Cernezzi.