Old October 29th 03, 12:19 PM
PW

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
. 8...
terra wrote in
:

Al Denelsbeck wrote:
I, personally, would like to see a closeup of the swash
plate and
links assembly, to see how they manage to get past the lower head to
articulate the upper. Everything I've thought of so far leaves out
some aspect of either collective, cyclic, or precession.

This makes it all so clear...
http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages...head/1363.html

Umm, yeah, kinda... ;-)

It's a good detail pic, thanks! Still hashing it out, but looks
roughly like my first suspicions. But something puzzles me, not being
involved in rotor design or maintenance: I was told, a long time back,

that
because of precession, the cyclic input for forward flight, for instance.
occurred slightly ahead of the point where pitch was intended to be
greatest. In other words, a little advanced in the rotation from full rear
position on the rotor disk (much like ignition timing on a car, just for
different reasons). Easy enough to do on a standard rotor assembly, but
requires displacement to both sides on a coax. This doesn't seem to show
such a design, unless I'm missing it (entirely possible). Was I

misinformed
long ago? Anyone?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain

Precession and dyssemetry of lift are cancled in coaxials as far as I know.