Old September 13th 04, 09:01 PM
Shawn

goneill wrote:

The only way to stop this kind of creeping clawing away of your flying
freedoms is to do like the general aviation, power and gliding did in
Australia when they tried to make radical changes to the air control
systems.
Everyone said they would refuse to use the systems and fly VFR exactly as
they were doing already.
This would cause chaos to the air control centres and IFR traffic.

This kind of civil disobedience campaigns have worked in the past for other
issues , other countries.

The Australian case I believe just faded away and was never revisited .

Imagine in Europe if every G A aircraft did not radio in or switch on
transponders ,this would bring the
the entire air traffic control system to its knees very quickly just from
the enormity of keeping IFR traffic
away from all those unknown radar targets.
The very organisations that are trying to impose the revenue gathering will
get hit hard in two ways, more staff = increased costs and less revenue from
the choked off flow of passengers.
The political masters will be reemed by ****ed off airline passengers
asking some some very hard
questions which they in turn will ask control authorities .

This is not that radical a suggestion ,historically this has been done many
times, many issues.
Flame suit on ) Humour aside this maybe one of the few ways to combat this
kind of thing.

Sounds like a good way to get the new Homeland Security Brand
turbulators installed on your glider. They're 20 mm across, applied
randomly across the entire surface of the aircraft and delivered by an F-16.
Civil disobedience in the US carries higher penalties these days.
I'm putting my trust in AOPA (yes I'm a member) working from within the
system-for now.

Shawn