Old October 21st 05, 11:05 PM
Chris G.

Default 1942 DC-3 / C-47 on eBay

If only I my name was "West" and I lived in Jacksonville, Oregon.... (or
instead, I had just been the owner of that winning powerball ticket)

chris g......drooling

Morgans wrote:
"Michael 182" wrote in message

For about 25% of the cost of a new Skylane or Cirrus you can have a 1942
C-47 that saw combat in WWII. Of course, the maintenance and fuel prices
might be a little steep - not to mention finding a hanger big enough to

hold

the plane. Still, wouldn't it be cool to land at some out of the way

airport

for a $1,000 hamburger...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N1472160C

"Douglas C-47, left downwind..."

Who knows what condition the logs and engines are in, but the old gal looks
pretty good, in the pictures. I would have to say that the "buy it now"
price is probably a real deal.