Old October 22nd 05, 02:04 AM
WRE

Default 1942 DC-3 / C-47 on eBay

I have about 200 hours or so in that plane (right seat). It used to belong
to Saber Air Cargo based at Charlotte(NC) Douglas Airport in NC which ceased
operation shortly after 911. One of my last trips with them was flying on 1
of 2 DC-3s full of HAZ MAT suits and petrie dishes for the CDC (Center for
Disease Control) near Atlanta and taking it up to NYC shortly after 911.
Mostly we moved auto parts around the country for the big auto makers...911
put an end to that. First Flight Out took over Saber but I guess they
couldn't make it either.

Was surprisingly an easy bird to fly. Not fast but once trimmed flew
straight and level. It drew a crowd where ever we went!
Oil is added by the gallons

Bob E.
ATP
Currently fly Hawker 700 out of UZA
Fort Mill, SC

"Michael 182" wrote in message
For about 25% of the cost of a new Skylane or Cirrus you can have a 1942
C-47 that saw combat in WWII. Of course, the maintenance and fuel prices
might be a little steep - not to mention finding a hanger big enough to
hold the plane. Still, wouldn't it be cool to land at some out of the way
airport for a $1,000 hamburger...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N1472160C

"Douglas C-47, left downwind..."

Michael