Old August 29th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.[_2_]

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It
makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their
new
designs at LAX.

First an "experimental" aircraft in aviation talk is just another
classification. The characteristics may be well known and just doesn't fit
into any other class.

Secondly, I have personally flown a number of experimental Boeing aircraft
into LAX when I worked for the flight test group there. I believe B747-100
s/n 1 is still classified as experimental. And I flew B401, 2 and 3 (the
first 3 747-400 designated a/c). They too were classified as experimental
and flew into a lot of large airports with heavy population.

--
Regards, Bob F.