Old January 26th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

Default My New Weapon

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:10:59 -0600, Jim Logajan wrote:

But the person who posted as "Bertie" _is_ a pilot.

IMO made it worse.

Mxsmanic originally never claimed to be a pilot (though he's posted
deliberately ambiguous messages that, by context, imply otherwise.)

Which is why he is dangerous.

I have no information on "Mark" other than he's been targeted for reasons
unknown to me by "$$gwx18quhxz9-wu_g$qv3bkmank".

*get killed*

Seems unlikely.

Perhaps but no crap info, no chance of it.

Oh, btw, although I appreciate your input it would have had much more
influence if *you* hadn't stuck the inital 1,000 or so daggers in
r.a.p by infighting and responding to Mx, Berie, Maxwell and on and on
ad on.

I'd be surprised if I had any influence!

You claimed I am part of the problem with r.ap., all I am saying, so
were/are you, I at least admit it.

I was following r.a.p back when all three of the people you mentioned
actually peacefully (relatively speaking) co-existed for awhile. None
appeared to start out as "trolls" (to this group anyway.) But in one of
Mxsmanic's posts that asked an aviation-related question, Bertie was one
of those who provided an informed and civil reply (I'd have to search
Google's archive to locate that thread if you don't believe me.)

Things went south between Mx and a lot of others when Mx tossed out a
sweeping insult of pilots on r.a.p, since he got a couple answers that
appeared to be contradictory. Like a lot of online posters, he was unable
to find the courage to post an apology.

Something similar happened with respect to "Maxwell."

Nice story, Jim, but the ridiculous threads with handsfulls of existing
and past posters here on r.a.p. for months on in were, imo, dangerous
and well supported by r.a.p. particiapnts.

Trolls don't kill newsgroups, idiots who respond to trolls do.

If you think I have some failing because of that tendency, I'd suggest
that _perhaps_ you aren't living up to the meaning of the Dutch word you
appear to be using as your handle.

I have no idea what Gezellig means, I saw it somewhere, liked the sound,
used the handle.