Old April 23rd 19, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

A. The only Duo on our field sold recently so I don’t have access to one for testing.

B. If you watch both videos it can be readily observed that the steep approach is discontinued well before reaching ground effect. Both flights crossed the airport threshold at a nominal airspeed. One must scrub altitude early enough to get back to a stable approach before touchdown.

Having previously owned a Duo T (pre-XL) I’m pretty confident that this technique will be similarly effective, but don’t have the means to make that video at this time.