Old March 21st 17, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default Confor foam cushions - firmness?

At 12:43 21 March 2017, wrote:
I bought all 3 types after a back injury a few years ago. and I try

convince anyone who will listen to use this stuff.

I use 1" blue over 1' green in the seat bottom and 1' blue on the

back. I
gave the pink away (it is pretty useless for back protection).

If you begin to use it and it is cold out - you will think it is too

stiff,
BUT it is NOT - your body heat will soften it up quickly - just

bring it in
your home at room temps and you will see.

I would not fly a glider without this stuff - I made is do I bring it

with
me when I use other gliders just google "glider back injury"

....... you
will be convinced. We sit in a position that required very little

impact to
create a huge back problem.

my $.02

WH

The British Gliding Association advice supports you!

There has been a lot of work done in the UK over the past several
years to explore the use of foam cushions to protect pilots.
Comfort issues come second to the need to protect users from
spinal injury.

The current BGA advice is he

https://members.gliding.co.uk/librar...y/safety-foam/

Read - and take note.