Old February 18th 04, 05:28 AM
Casey Webster

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news:N6CYb.55341$jk2.232823@attbi_s53...
Today, when reviewing emergency procedures he told me about the "7 and 7".
This may be old news to many, but I didn't know it, and I kind of like it.

Engine stops.

Best glide, pick a landing spot, head for it. (If you need a checklist for
these you probably should not be in the plane...)

this is what i learned, just not called that. same idea though, moving
across everything you need in a line so you dont need to put much thought on
it and flows naturally. Worked well the one time i've had an engine go
south on me (cessna 150, airport within gliding distance, nothing to see
here).