Old March 23rd 04, 07:24 PM
Rob Perkins

(PS2727) wrote:

I toured the Spruce Goose years ago when it was under the large dome near the
Queen Mary. As I remember there was some sort of small platform which allowed
visitors to get inside the fuselage for a look but you were not able to wander
around inside. Just a small area suspended above the floor and I think it was
encased in glass or plexiglass.

The old Air Force One airplanes at Wright-Patterson can never be
h-capped accessable. The passages left to museumgoers is only two feet
wide, after all the plexiglass protective walls are accounted for.

In spite of this I think the Air Force is still letting people go
through the planes.

Neat collection of planes, tho. I didn't get enough time, there.

Rob