Old October 23rd 19, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default CallAir A9 compared to a Pawnee

I found the CallAir A9 to be a horrible airplane to fly due to the
location of the stick.Â* It required an extended arm, unable to rest the
elbow on the thigh.Â* That said, it was the easiest landing tail dragger
I've ever flown due to the shock struts on the main gear. With its 290
hp engine and fixed pitch propeller, I don't think it towed as well as a
260 hp Pawnee with a constant speed prop.

My experience is at Moriarty, NM at high density altitudes.Â* I have
about 300 hours in the CallAir and over 500 in the Pawnee.

On 10/22/2019 5:29 PM, Charles Longley wrote:
To those that have flown a CallAir A9 how does it compare to a Pawnee in flying? Same engine so I am guessing the tug performance is about the same.

--
Dan, 5J