Old December 13th 04, 03:56 PM
C Kingsbury

"nobody" wrote in message
. com...

------------
We develop, sell, install and support a suite of software packages for
fortune 250 companies. We give them the software for 60 days. If they

like
it they buy it. If not the software quits working. Wonder where I can
borrow a Gulfstream V for 60 days for free so I can evaluate it?

We are a far cry from a "manufacturing" company but you can easily draw
an analogy to one. The idea behind establishing a flight department is to
increase our production capacity. Simply put, the faster we can get from
one customer to another, the more product we can install, the more income

we
can realize. Currently, we can do about 5 installations, including
training, per month depending upon how much the customer chooses to
customize the installation. Reducing round trips by a day on both ends
reduces hotel, car, meals and fatigue. The team should be able to

increase
to 8 or 9 installations a month (approx 2 per week) assuming our sales
department can keep them booked up like they do now.

Sounds like you need to open a regional office or two. I don't know of any
companies that send their mid-level people around in jets all the time. Buy
them first-class tickets everywhere and let them stay in good hotels and
that will keep most people happy. Or hire younger people.

-cwk.