Old May 9th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Michael[_1_]

Default Field approval delays

On May 4, 2:19 pm, "Jim Burns" wrote:
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/e.../8300/volume2/...

Thanks for that link. Now I will know what not to ask for. Which is
basically everything.

Dated 2/23/05 leads us down the slippery slope. Figure 1-3 shows specific
changes that require either a STC, DER engineering, or an engineering
evaluation.

That date makes a lot of sense - a little over two years ago is when
we started having these problems.

You know, I was going to get my IA when I became eligible (which is in
a few months) but now I doubt I will bother. I can ALWAYS find an IA
to sign an annual or an STC'd installation, and that seems to be all
you can do anymore. Basically, you can now forget getting a 337
without an STC without going through more trouble than it's worth.

Yuck.

Amen

Michael