Old November 26th 03, 06:39 PM
Sla#s

"Rob Fonhof" wrote in message
Just a theoretical question that someone may be able to help with.
Alot of helicopters have only two rotor blades, ie:Robinsons, Bells, etc.
Others have multiples, ie:dauphins with 4, Hughes etc.
If a blade is thrown on a two blade, bend over and kiss your rear bye bye.
What would happen if you had a 4, 5, or even 6 blade?Would you still be

able
to autorotate? I know the airframe would probably vibrate violently, but
would it be survivable in an autorotate, or even low power to at least get
to the ground.
Have there been instances in the past where this has happened with a 2
blade.

Brantly B2s had a problem in the early '70s. I personally saw a blade come
off one. The other blades pulled the gearbox off the airframe. Two on board
but only one was killed as the machine was only at 20 ft.

Slatts