Old June 19th 18, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Vinyl Numbers

On Monday, June 18, 2018 at 7:19:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2018 at 2:07:10 PM UTC-7, wrote:
That works really well as long as the transfer or release paper backing
doesn't go soggy in water. Test first.
UH

The transfer paper *should* be waterproof enough to do what Mike O describes. I hang out at a place that does vinyl lettering and that is the technique they use. You're not soaking the surface or decal, just getting it damp enough to let it slide around as you place it. Also, it can take several days for the bubbles to completely go away - if you still have any.

5Z

The 3M 7125 series material I use (intended for sign making and such)has a backing release paper that does not tolerate water. Other than that issue it is great. Thin, goes on easily, available in many colors.
My point is simply check your materials before you go crazy.
UH