Old March 27th 12, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZL

Default See You 3.95 and U.S. Start/Finish rules

On 3/26/2012 4:16 PM, wrote:
I can't seem to get SeeYou 3.95 to produce the same distance calculation as WinScore for U.S. AAT/TAT contest tasks with "start anywhere - even out the top" 5-mile start cylinders, and 1-mile finish cylinders. I have searched through the Naviter and RAS posts, but haven't found anything useful (except a reference by 2NO to a 'patch' that fixed the problem in 3.62). The closest I can come is with 'Move Origin' checked and 'Reduce leg distance' unchecked, but this still calculates the 1st leg distance from the point on the start cylinder closest to the 1st turnpoint - not to the point where the glider actually exits the cylinder (either out the periphery or out the top). I also checked the change log on the Naviter site to see if a later version than 3.95 had an explicit reference to this problem, but couldn't find anything.

Anyone else have a solution to this?

TIA,

Frank (TA)

There's a registry setting tweak to make SeeYou use the last fix in the
start cylinder as the beginning of the first leg. No quite SSA rules,
but close. The patch linked from the SeeYou forum seems to be broken.

From memory (and poking around the registry) the registry entry that
needs to be tweaked is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Naviter/SeeYou/Settings/UseFixForStart

Set it to 1 to use SSA rules, set it to 0 to use FAI rules. I don't
remember the effects of the task option check boxes once you flip the
registry setting.

Of course, be careful messing around Windows' innards.

-Dave