Old August 6th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ernest Christley

Default aircraft brakes were never designed for stopping aircraft.

Stealth Pilot wrote:

I was taught by a number of very high time instructors back in the
70's that insert subject line here, exactly as I posted in the
original post.

no poster has proven me wrong.

Did those high timers bother to tell you HOW you were supposed to stop
that airplane?

I would note, that when designing a system, you do just that. Design a
SYSTEM. You don't design a fast engine or safe brakes. You design a
fast airplane or a safe airplane. Those high-timers could very well be
right...for a tail skid equipped tail dragger on a grass strip. That's
the way that particular model was designed...with a particular set of
assumptions and constraints in mind. To generalize that set of
constraints/requirements to the operational characteristics of a
fast-glass airplane is just ridiculous.

At this point, no poster can prove you wrong. You are not listening to
any sort of reason, logic, or printed statements from recognized
authorities. You have decided that an over-generalization from someone
you trusted back in the 70's takes precedence above everything else.
There is no way to cure rectal asphyxiation.